In the morning after we pick you up we are going to visit "Old village" Kumrovec open museum, to refresh memories on old rulers of this area. This is the birthpalce of Josip Broz Tito, world famous jugoslavian statesman and comunist leader. Museum is the only open museum of that type in Croatia. it evokes the tradition of Zagorje rural area with turn of the 19th century. Antique homes hiding rural culture of life as well as displays of traditional crafts.
Where does the Neanderthal belong on the Tree of Life? We will find out the answers to these questions in a very original museum that will leave us pleasantly surprised - Kraneamus Krapina Neanderthal Museum. Besides all informations about prehistorical times and exibition artefacts you can see Neanderthal figures in natural size. Pretty crazy!
The most popular castle in Zagorje area is Trakošćan castle built in the 13 th century. Photogenic, well located on a small hill, situated in charming surroundings, surrounded by a lake and a romantic promenade, it's a real satisfaction to visit this landmark .Trakošćan is now a museum, where we will uncover age-old tapestries, portraits, weapons and furniture.
Zagorje region that inspires
Highlights: Kumrovec open museum - Kraneamus Krapina Neanderthal Museum- Trakošćan Castle
Zagorje is a region north of Zagreb, about an hour distant, and it literally means "trans-mountain area". Zagorje is filled with castles, rolling steep hills, many shades of green, and wonderful wineries. Perfect place to escape from the city bustle and summer heat. You will fall in love in this fairy tale land. We start our journey at 9.00 o clock and our first stop is Kumrovec.
This lovely village has been transformed into an open air museum depicting the country life at the time when world known Marshall Tito was born there. Each house displays a different aspect of village life. There are over 40 buildings, including houses, barns and other outbuildings.
Lunch is in the beautiful countryside property, on the small hill. Surrounded with apple trees, vineyards,…idyllically!
Big and pleasant surprise is a Kraneamus Krapina Neanderthal Museum. It is a great labyrinth of learning about prehistoric times, the long geological history of the Earth, revealing the evolution of life. If you searched for something challenging and mysterious this is the right place for you!
Like in every fairy tale there is the castle, and the heroes, and the noble ladies. We will go back in the 13th century and share this story with you. Trakošćan castle is situated on the small hill above the lake, well preserved, with lots of original furniture and middle age armour. Historical descriptions will give you a feel for the castle's role back in the past. Later on, we can enjoy a coffee break on the beautiful lake.
Price per person from 65 euros (depends on number of participants)
Duration of tour approx. 8 hours
Date of travel: on request (depends on number of participants)
Day trip includes
- Transfer according to the program
- Entrances in all museums according to the program, and professional guiding in Kraneamus Krapina Neanderthal Museum
- Guide during the day trip
Day trip does not include
- Meals during the trip
- Personal expenses of travelers during the trip
for one day trips payment of all amount must be made upon reservation
payment can be made in euros or other currency on following account IBAN HR5624840081106212173 Raiffeisenbank Austria d.d.
confirmation of payment will be sent on valid e-mail address
transfer expenses will be covered by the customer fully
Registrations / reservations
we recommend early reservations due to the limited number of participants
upon contacting agency traveler will get all needed forms and information
- Tour operator is Neobična putovanja d.o.o., travel agency
- Tour operator reserves the right to change the specific content of the program
- Tour operator is not authorized and does not evaluate probity of travel and other documents
- For all verbally given information agency does not hold responsibility
- Signatory of the Travel Contract or representative of the group is obligated to present travel program, terms of payment and general terms and conditions for traveling with Neobična putovanja
- Travelers are obligated to check exact time and place of departure.
- Traveler is obligated to be familiar with the rules of behavior of the country and to respect laws of the custom service
- During transport in buses and minibusses, it is forbidden to smoke, drink alcohol or use drugs
- Travelers are obligated to stay in the buses on spots which are not predicted for a break (borders, checkpoint stations, pay tolls etc.) in a case of leaving the bus on these spots without previous agreement with tour guide traveler will bear consequences and all the costs he makes.
- Passenger whose behavior is inadequate and disturbs other passengers or disrupts the drivers or tour guide in work will be immediately excluded from the trip and all the responsibility passes to him, without the right to appeal and refund
- The passenger is obliged to respect the timetable given by the representatives of travel agencies, otherwise, a representative of the agency has the right to exclude passengers from traveling
- The toilets are out of use in buses; in accordance with the program, breaks will take place in every 3-4 hours (depending on the location and equipment of gas stations) so travelers can use of toilets on the stops.
- The Agency determines the seating arrangement, the meeting point of departure, places and length of the breaks during the trip; by paying the transportation, the passenger accepts all of the above, without the right to object and appeal
- In case of insufficient number of passengers for the realization of the arrangement or other objective circumstances, the agency informs passengers about the cancellation of the arrangement no later than 7 days before the departure date for multi day trips and 2 days before the departure date for day trips
- For arrangements that include transport by plane, after buying the air tickets it is impossible to refund and in this case conditions of airlines are applied
- In the arrangement involving the transport of low-cost airlines, in the case of a flight delay, cancellation or loss of connection passengers are required to pay their the newly created costs and agency can not influence the circumstances that are beyond its scope
- The low-cost arrangement price is susceptible to change and after the deposit is paid rates are checked and then price is confirmed to the passenger
- The Agency is not responsible for the changes in air connection done by airline company
- The Agency reserves the right to select the means of transport for transfers and does them to the accommodation if it is physically possible
- The tour operator reserves the right to change the agreed price before the trip due to changes in currency exchange rates or changes in the tariffs of the carrier and in cases prescribed by law
- For this arrangement apply Agency TERMS AND CONDITIONS
- Notes concerning accommodation:
- The tour operator, NEOBIČNA PUTOVANJA reserves the right to schedule the rooms, according to the structure of room accommodation facility; if possible, the agency tries to meet the wishes of passengers (please understand, since this is a journey of fun and adventure)
- The accommodation facilities are entered on the first day of stay in accordance with the rules of the accommodation facility. The most common check-in is in the afternoon (14h or 15h), a check-out is on the last day of stay usually until 10h or 11h.
- Descriptions of accommodation are informative only. For possible deviations and quality of services in the accommodation facilities, a tour operator is not responsible, because it depends solely on accommodation staff.
- Some of the additional content of accommodation facility are available at extra cost. There is a possibility of variations and changes concerning the availability of certain content, it solely depends on the properties (eg. Safety deposit box, parking, mini-bar, TV, air conditioning ...)
- The passenger is obliged to respect the rules of accommodation facility and bears sole responsibility due to sanctions by the staff of accommodation facility
Notes regarding optional trips:
- Optional trips are not obligatory
- Dates and prices of optional trips are variable and depend on the terms of free seats, the number of registered passengers and objective circumstances