Samobor is a place that will fulfill your heart and soul. It’s situated in the north of Croatia, surrounded by a wide mountain range, 20 kilometers away from the Croatian capital Zagreb. It’s known as a small town with thousand faces.
We won't be travelling far, just about fourty minutes from Zagreb to see how Zagreb surrounding looks like. It is pleasant, it is peaceful. It has all that man can wish and jet its rather small :) Samobor town is a sweet little jewel decorated in baroque style. Its energy is natural and calm. Many people from Zagreb decided to move to Samobor due to its slow rhythm of life, its nature, climate and altogether favorable living conditions. It offers cultural events, museums and galleries, attractive nature, culture monument …our day will be fulfilled with a little bit of everything and there'll be no place for boredom! After we've had enough of exploring, we're going to enjoy some great coffee in the city center.
Samobor has a reputation as a gourmet center. It would be a shame that any visitor leaves without trying a kremšnita (a custard slice) and homemade specialties, muštarda (a grape mustard sauce), having a glass of bermet (a red wine, fruit and herbs aperitif) or eating a krafna (a jam doughnut). We will try some of these delicacies just to be sure in Samobor gastronomy. Yumi!
P.S. Samobor is also the cradle of mountaineering in Croatia :-)
Departure is at 11 AM from your accomodation. We arrive at Samobor and please our taste buds with Kremšnita - a custard slice. The name of the dessert means simply "cream slice". After having a delicious cake we head for a tasting of Bermet(a red wine, fruit and herbs aperitif) and muštarda(a grape mustard sauce). We will find out the origins of both of these delicacies and how are they made.
Around noon we decide what do we want to do next. We can take a tour of the Old town which is on the Tepec hill or just take free time to walk through this charming little town, buy a souvenir, have a delicious coffee or craft beer in the town center or visit Samobor museum. Samobor museum unites a bit of everything; the story of Samobor, old documents, art, history... It doesn't take too long to explore it, but it will keep you interested the whole time!
It's lunch time, luckily for us, because by now everyone is hungry and eager to try the specialties of Samobor! We head to the tavern Gabreku 1929 where we will enjoy the local delicacies.
With big smiles and full bellies we are going back to Zagreb. On our way we are wondering, shouldn’t we maybe stay in Samobor and only visit Zagreb! :)
- Kremšnita - a delicious creamy cake
- Bermet - a red wine, fruit and herbs aperitif
- Muštarda - a grape mustard sauce
- Delicious coffee
- Lunch at the local tavern
Price per person: from 60 euros (depends on number of participants)
Duration of tour approx. 4,5 hours
Dates of travel: on request (depends on number of participants)
The excursion includes:
- guide during whole tour
- tasting of Bermet an Muštarda
- Kremšnita - a custard slice
- lunch at the tavern Gabreku 1929
The excursion does NOT include:
- Personal expenses of travelers during the trip
What to bring with you?
Bottle of water, camera and lots of good will :)
For all details please contact us, we will be glad to hear from you and work out the details together.
- Tour operator is Neobična putovanja d.o.o., travel agency
- Tour operator reserves the right to change the specific content of the program
- Tour operator is not authorized and does not evaluate probity of travel and other documents
- For all verbally given information agency does not hold responsibility
- Signatory of the Travel Contract or representative of the group is obligated to present travel program, terms of payment and general terms and conditions for traveling with Neobična putovanja
- Travelers are obligated to check exact time and place of departure.
- Traveler is obligated to be familiar with the rules of behavior of the country and to respect laws of the custom service
- During transport in buses and minibusses, it is forbidden to smoke, drink alcohol or use drugs
- Travelers are obligated to stay in the buses on spots which are not predicted for a break (borders, checkpoint stations, pay tolls etc.) in a case of leaving the bus on these spots without previous agreement with tour guide traveler will bear consequences and all the costs he makes.
- Passenger whose behavior is inadequate and disturbs other passengers or disrupts the drivers or tour guide in work will be immediately excluded from the trip and all the responsibility passes to him, without the right to appeal and refund
- The passenger is obliged to respect the timetable given by the representatives of travel agencies, otherwise, a representative of the agency has the right to exclude passengers from traveling
- The toilets are out of use in buses; in accordance with the program, breaks will take place in every 3-4 hours (depending on the location and equipment of gas stations) so travelers can use of toilets on the stops.
- The Agency determines the seating arrangement, the meeting point of departure, places and length of the breaks during the trip; by paying the transportation, the passenger accepts all of the above, without the right to object and appeal
- In case of insufficient number of passengers for the realization of the arrangement or other objective circumstances, the agency informs passengers about the cancellation of the arrangement no later than 7 days before the departure date for multi day trips and 2 days before the departure date for day trips
- For arrangements that include transport by plane, after buying the air tickets it is impossible to refund and in this case conditions of airlines are applied
- In the arrangement involving the transport of low-cost airlines, in the case of a flight delay, cancellation or loss of connection passengers are required to pay their the newly created costs and agency can not influence the circumstances that are beyond its scope
- The low-cost arrangement price is susceptible to change and after the deposit is paid rates are checked and then price is confirmed to the passenger
- The Agency is not responsible for the changes in air connection done by airline company
- The Agency reserves the right to select the means of transport for transfers and does them to the accommodation if it is physically possible
- The tour operator reserves the right to change the agreed price before the trip due to changes in currency exchange rates or changes in the tariffs of the carrier and in cases prescribed by law
- For this arrangement apply Agency TERMS AND CONDITIONS
- Notes concerning accommodation:
- The tour operator, NEOBIČNA PUTOVANJA reserves the right to schedule the rooms, according to the structure of room accommodation facility; if possible, the agency tries to meet the wishes of passengers (please understand, since this is a journey of fun and adventure)
- The accommodation facilities are entered on the first day of stay in accordance with the rules of the accommodation facility. The most common check-in is in the afternoon (14h or 15h), a check-out is on the last day of stay usually until 10h or 11h.
- Descriptions of accommodation are informative only. For possible deviations and quality of services in the accommodation facilities, a tour operator is not responsible, because it depends solely on accommodation staff.
- Some of the additional content of accommodation facility are available at extra cost. There is a possibility of variations and changes concerning the availability of certain content, it solely depends on the properties (eg. Safety deposit box, parking, mini-bar, TV, air conditioning ...)
- The passenger is obliged to respect the rules of accommodation facility and bears sole responsibility due to sanctions by the staff of accommodation facility
Notes regarding optional trips:
- Optional trips are not obligatory
- Dates and prices of optional trips are variable and depend on the terms of free seats, the number of registered passengers and objective circumstances