Ready for an outdoor adventure? Join us on an ideal active getaway! Experience Zrmanja, one of the most beautiful rivers in Europe. Its spring is on the bottom of a very steep, almost 200 m high funnel shape rock called Misije in the southern peak of Plesevica mountain. The queen of Croatian rivers is known for its crystal clear fresh water and abundance of wild vegetation.
Proceeding down numerous cascades and rapids will bring you through an impressive 200 meters deep canyon. Although the route is safe and easy enough even for beginners, the scenery makes it very exciting as well.
It's typical karst topography with cliffs galore and living travertine waterfalls makes it outstanding for white water sports. Paddle down slopes and rapids! Bathe under a waterfall! Swim along with lively fishes! Listen to the birds symphony! Have fun and enjoy the harmony of nature at it's best!
You can combinate this trip with a trip to Velebit: http://www.croatia-serbia-bosnia-tours.com/tours/multitrips/croatiamulti/velebit
Preparations begin immediately after arriving in Kaštel Žegarski (receiving equipment, instructions, changing clothes). Boarding and an easy start down the river. After roughly an hour and a half of paddling downstream we will reach the mouth of Krupa and bypass the 10-meter high waterfall Visoki buk by a 5-minute walk. The whole route takes approximately 4 hours, about an hour for swimming and breaks included. The water adventure ends in Muškovci where there will be more free time for swimming after lunch.
· 10:00 Kaštel Žegarski and preparation for the trip
· 10:30 start
· 14:30 arrival at Muškovci, the end of rafting tour
· 15:00 lunch
· 18:00 departure
· Nature Park Velebit
· Zrmanja River and it's tributary Krupa
· Visoki buk – a 10-meter high waterfall (the highest on Zrmanja)
· 200-meter deep canyon
· contrast between bare karst slopes of Mt. Velebit and the rich luscious river valley and canyons
No previous experience is needed and even children can participate (accompanied by parents).
Price per person: 40 eur
Dates of traveling: on request from April to October
* Categories: I-II: June, July, August - canoe safari
III - IV: April, May, September, October - rafting
The excursion includes:
· entrance in the Nature Park Velebit
· guide (skipper)
· all necessary equipment
· organization of the excursion
The excursion does NOT include:
· transfer from Zadar to Kaštel Žegarski
· transfer from Muškovci to Zadar
· the cost of both transfers is 15 eur per person
Two person kayaks – they are stable and easy to manage during summer when the water level is low (category I-II).
Raft boats (for 8-10 people) are used during high water level (in spring and autumn).
Each kayak and raft are equipped with a waterproof bag (for dry clothes, camera, food, and refreshments).
You will be provided with a helmet and a life west. Depending on the weather, additional equipment will be provided for lower temperatures (neoprene suits).
What to bring with you?
Swim suit, sun screen, shoes suitable for water (sneakers or sports shoes), dry clothes to change afterward, towel, some food to keep you to lunch, refreshing drink, and an adventurous attitude.
Optional: We recommend a waterproof camera (although a waterproof bag is available in each kayak/raft boat, so if you bring a camera that is not waterproof it will be safe in there).
Note: It is advisable not to wear any valuable objects (jewelry, watches and such) so you can enjoy the adventure carefree.
- Tour operator is Neobična putovanja d.o.o., travel agency
- Tour operator reserves the right to change the specific content of the program
- Tour operator is not authorized and does not evaluate probity of travel and other documents
- For all verbally given information agency does not hold responsibility
- Signatory of the Travel Contract or representative of the group is obligated to present travel program, terms of payment and general terms and conditions for traveling with Neobična putovanja
- Travelers are obligated to check exact time and place of departure.
- Traveler is obligated to be familiar with the rules of behavior of the country and to respect laws of the custom service
- During transport in buses and minibusses, it is forbidden to smoke, drink alcohol or use drugs
- Travelers are obligated to stay in the buses on spots which are not predicted for a break (borders, checkpoint stations, pay tolls etc.) in a case of leaving the bus on these spots without previous agreement with tour guide traveler will bear consequences and all the costs he makes.
- Passenger whose behavior is inadequate and disturbs other passengers or disrupts the drivers or tour guide in work will be immediately excluded from the trip and all the responsibility passes to him, without the right to appeal and refund
- The passenger is obliged to respect the timetable given by the representatives of travel agencies, otherwise, a representative of the agency has the right to exclude passengers from traveling
- The toilets are out of use in buses; in accordance with the program, breaks will take place in every 3-4 hours (depending on the location and equipment of gas stations) so travelers can use of toilets on the stops.
- The Agency determines the seating arrangement, the meeting point of departure, places and length of the breaks during the trip; by paying the transportation, the passenger accepts all of the above, without the right to object and appeal
- In case of insufficient number of passengers for the realization of the arrangement or other objective circumstances, the agency informs passengers about the cancellation of the arrangement no later than 7 days before the departure date for multi day trips and 2 days before the departure date for day trips
- For arrangements that include transport by plane, after buying the air tickets it is impossible to refund and in this case conditions of airlines are applied
- In the arrangement involving the transport of low-cost airlines, in the case of a flight delay, cancellation or loss of connection passengers are required to pay their the newly created costs and agency can not influence the circumstances that are beyond its scope
- The low-cost arrangement price is susceptible to change and after the deposit is paid rates are checked and then price is confirmed to the passenger
- The Agency is not responsible for the changes in air connection done by airline company
- The Agency reserves the right to select the means of transport for transfers and does them to the accommodation if it is physically possible
- The tour operator reserves the right to change the agreed price before the trip due to changes in currency exchange rates or changes in the tariffs of the carrier and in cases prescribed by law
- For this arrangement apply Agency TERMS AND CONDITIONS
- Notes concerning accommodation:
- The tour operator, NEOBIČNA PUTOVANJA reserves the right to schedule the rooms, according to the structure of room accommodation facility; if possible, the agency tries to meet the wishes of passengers (please understand, since this is a journey of fun and adventure)
- The accommodation facilities are entered on the first day of stay in accordance with the rules of the accommodation facility. The most common check-in is in the afternoon (14h or 15h), a check-out is on the last day of stay usually until 10h or 11h.
- Descriptions of accommodation are informative only. For possible deviations and quality of services in the accommodation facilities, a tour operator is not responsible, because it depends solely on accommodation staff.
- Some of the additional content of accommodation facility are available at extra cost. There is a possibility of variations and changes concerning the availability of certain content, it solely depends on the properties (eg. Safety deposit box, parking, mini-bar, TV, air conditioning ...)
- The passenger is obliged to respect the rules of accommodation facility and bears sole responsibility due to sanctions by the staff of accommodation facility
Notes regarding optional trips:
- Optional trips are not obligatory
- Dates and prices of optional trips are variable and depend on the terms of free seats, the number of registered passengers and objective circumstances